1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Seymour Duncan to EMG??????

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by madmaskbass, Sep 28, 2009.

1. madmaskbass

madmaskbass

Apr 29, 2008
    Australia
    Hey guys simple question that i need answered, I want to swap out my SEymour Duncan SSB's to EMG 35's....is it possible to keep the on board active circutry and still run active pu's..

at the moment the Seymours are passive and i want active EMG's without losing the pre amp is it possible?

do i have to go to 18volt?

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):)

2. Kemet09

Kemet09

Oct 29, 2004
    Chi-Ca-Go
    Endorsements: Sire Basses
    Dont quote me, but Im pretty sure there should be no issue with the EMG pups runing thru the active circut... iirc

EMGs dont require you to run 18vs. Its an option if you want more headroom.

3. madmaskbass

madmaskbass

Apr 29, 2008
    Australia
    more info...my bass is an ESP standard with a custom shop ESp pre-amp and switcher that i don't want to lose but the seymour duncans just arnt cutting it

i have looked everywhere and all i can find is info on the EMG switching systems i can supply photos and wiring diagrams if needed but i would really like to find the answer noone i talk to can give me definitive answers:meh: