1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mudfuzz, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    OlyWA...
    Yes, a search has been made. The results were uninformative for my needs;) .

I am interested in hearing any and all opinions on this fuzz, what does this thing sound like? Do you love/hate it? Why?

What I’m looking for is a fuzz that will give me something in-between a muff type fuzz and a 60s type fuzz; will the tweak fuzz fuzz fuzzyness in these fuzz directions, or is the fuzz a flop, and if so what fuzz will fuzz the fuzz that I need it to fuzz.:D

2. Only you can decide what fuzz will fuzz the fuzz that you need to fuzz?
    On a more serious note I played through one of these awhile back and I remember it not liking active basses. But with a passive bass I think it may very well do what your loking for. Although there is some loss of low end. It has a tone selector switch. I want to say it is a five position but I could be wrong. I also remember most of the tones sounded good. But that was a few months ago and I am pretty sure that what I consider good and what you consider good might be different. So I would have to fall back on the ever present response of try it for yourself and let your ears be the judge.

3. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    OlyWA...
    Thanks for your response. The selector switch is a six way. Oh well, it looks like I'll have to go on fuzzari hunt down one to try and try out anything else I find interesting as well.

4. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    OlyWA...
    Well I found a used on at the Trading Musician and traded my boss ODB-3, GE-7B and my vox tone bender for it, and made a $1.00 in the deal too.:D

I really like this box, it really gets some nice sounds, a real fuzz-army-knife if you will. They had a SVT CL there so I was amble to really see what it would sound like with my rig which was nice. There is a small amount of low-end loss on some of the settings but no more than a ODB-3 with the EQ set flat. The tones though are really nice: you can get a very light fuzzy sound to a brassmaster-ish sound all the way to a muff-ish sound and beyond with it, and, it is really clean, very low noise. I do wish it had a tone control separate from the tweak switch, If I wasn't ordering a Barge blendable fx loop I might have passed on it but since it sounds better than the boxes I traded it for I'm really happy with it.

Now if I can just mod my big muff for a ac I'll be set............. in terms of fuzz anyway:bassist:

5. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    OlyWA...
    OK, I've had some time to really mess with this thing now, through my rig it has lots of lows; could my cab could be that my CL just sounds better than the one at the store, it was painted blue and was pretty beat up. Setting 1 & 2 do make it sound thin, but that it the point of those settings. Settings 3 & 4 have good lows and give you a nice 60s fuzz with 4 starting to lean into muffland [with the tone knob set at 12 o'clock. Settings 5 & 6, more lows, 5 is really big muff like and 6 is a pretty extreme nasty fuzz.

Also volume and tone control adjustments REALLY are noticeable, and so is playing attack. The Gain control on the box is very useful as well. Running it into my Rustride I was able to hit some of the sounds I hear in samples of Wooly Mammoths. :bassist: