1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Marihino, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Marihino

Marihino

Mar 25, 2010
    London
    I've made a search, next to no results, there was a thread from 2007 with four replies, two of which by the OP.

A few years later, what is everyone thinking about this pedal? I can get one in trade, sight unseen, posted from far away. Normally I either play with a clean (lightly compressed) sound, or go for a synthy tone by combining an octaver, envelope filter and some sort of distortion/fuzz. Have used an MXR BlowTorch for this before.

Has anyone had any valuable experience with the SD yellow pedal? Would it be good for what I described above? How is it for other kinds of useful tones?

2. Crater

Crater

Oct 12, 2011
    Dallas, TX area
    I have no personal experience with the Tweak Fuzz, but I've seen a schematic. :) Looks to be a fairly standard two-transistor fuzz pedal similar to the Fuzz Face - the "tweak" knob simply selects between different values of input capacitors. It will definitely be a FUZZ and not an overdrive. The Tweak knob may make it more useful on bass than a normal fuzz would be.

They were recently discontinued.

3. I have a tweak fuzz that was given to me by a guitarist friend because I used it one day while jamming with him and he said that it sounded way better with bass as opposed to guitar, I guess he wasn't happy with it. I like though! it has a very gritty sound when the gain is turned way up, but at the same time it can be adjusted for a more subtle fuzz sound. it was a no brainer for me because it was free, but try checking out YouTube maybe