Seymour Duncan Upgrades on my bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Symphony X, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Symphony X

Symphony X Guest

Oct 28, 2002
    Hello, I want to upgrade the pickups in my Jackson bass (P and J configuration) and I want Seymour duncans (1/4 pounders in both). Why? Look at Steve Harris, doesn't his tone rock? I want that too! So how hard is it to make the upgarde and how much does it cost usually?
  2. Hey dude, the only cost would be the pickups you buy. You were looking at the price list the other day, right?

I dunno about the upgrading part though. Seems like nobody wants to help us with out pickups! Lol. I had to bump my own thread to get A response. :)
  3. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    here is a schematic for a p bass...

here is a schematic for a p-j bass....

most times you can dig around on the manufacturers website and find some installation directions for the pickups... you just gotta dig around for a bit!

here is the schematics for some active j pickups that I just got from another tb'er... can't wait to install 'em in something! just make sure you feel comfortable driving a soldering iron, and everything is pretty self explanatory after that...

4. Holy hell thats alot to do...oh yeah I'd just take it to the guitar shop haha.

Trouble is...I don't trust the frickin natives around here (Hawaii) so I'd rather ship it to Sadowsky and have them fix it. :D
  5. Symphony X

Symphony X Guest

Oct 28, 2002
    Good point. I just need to figure out *** those pickup charts on the site mean :p