1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Seymour Duncans Basslines which is the right set up for me?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Ka_Ve_86, Dec 27, 2006.

1. I am playing a fender p with a p-j pset up and am currently getting some 1/4 pounders basslines put in.. and the sales person said i should also put s stack jazz pick-up also to replace the original..

Will this make a huge difference by putting both the 1/4 pounder and a stack pick-up improve my sound?

2. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    I'd get both pups replaced to keep the output balanced as the 1/4 pounders tend to be hotter than most. SD sells a nice balanced 1/4 pounder P/J set, I'm not sure if the J is stacked or not but that's what I would shoot for.
    It will definitely make a difference in sound - be sure that it's the sound you're looking for though, these will likely be hotter and more aggresive than what you have now.

3. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    I think the sales person suggested the stack J pickup for reduced noise. That's what I'd go for in a PJ set up. The PJs that I've tried that used a non noise cancelling bridge pickup design got noisy when the J was brought into the mix.