1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

seynour duncan bass preamp

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by rickenbaker, Aug 20, 2012.

1. rickenbaker

rickenbaker

Jul 20, 2007
    So I'm looking to switch the preamp out on my bass and I was wondering if anybody had any experience with this unit. I haven't seen it used much in basses made by manufacturers so I'm not quite sure of the tonal quality

2. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    If you mean the Basslines Blackout 2band preamp. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/acce...circuit-with-concentric-bass-and-treble-knobs

Its my fave 2band preamp for upgrading passive basses to active eq onboard. I like the higher treble freq setting position a bit better then the lower one myself. Its compact design, selectable treble freq, excellent sound, and low price is hard to beat. They do make a 2pot seperate bass & treble version for same price. Useful when needing to fill two holes instead of just replacing the existing single passive tone pot.

3. I put one in an old Charvel P/J bass. I thought is sounded great.