1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD SF Bay Area: Mesa Boogie Walkabout (Head Only)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by BassManPatsFan, Oct 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For sale is a Mesa Boogie Walkabout amp in great condition. This amp has been my #1 for the past year, but I just moved to a tube head (Mesa Buster 200), so I'm going to have to pass this one on.

This version is an older model (5+ years old), but it just got back from a trip to the Mesa factory for a full tune-up and set of upgrades. It now has the FX loop bypass switch and one input jack with the active/passive switch. Everything is in perfect working order and the preamp tubes have lots of life left in them. There is some sticker residue on the top of the head case.

The amp comes with an official Mesa gig bag, a power cable and a Monster 1/4" to 1/4" speaker cable.

I'm located in the SF Bay Area and would prefer to arrange a local sale. No trades please.

$540 shipped, $500 locally. SOLD!!!!

photo1_zpse40eafcf.

3f6dc1b4-20e5-4898-86e6-abd3645c6eb6_zpsd8af12e3.

photo-8_zps322eef85.

photo2_zps3ffbec66.

2. Bump.

3. bobicidal

bobicidal

Mar 28, 2013
    San Jose, CA
    Crud just bought one from Canada without upgrades for same price. I am in San Jose. Bump this thing and often. Glwts

4. Bump.

5. Willy B

Willy B Supporting Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    Did it get the fan upgrade as well?

6. Good question, thanks for bringing that up.

I upgraded the fan by myself last year to one of the Silenx fans and when it went to Mesa for the upgrades, they were concerned that it wasn't moving enough air, so they switched it back to the original fan.

7. Willy B

Willy B Supporting Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    Do you find the fan to be noisy?

8. It is a little noisy if you're playing quietly by yourself, but with a band it isn't noticeable in the slightest.

I'm sure there are other fans one could upgrade to that would move more air and be quieter.

9. Price drop! Bump.

10. EdwardofHuncote

EdwardofHuncote I Still Dream of Jeannie Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    Still there? I'm tempted to buy this one for a second amp. I need to send mine to Mesa sometime.

11. Yes, still available!

12. EdwardofHuncote

EdwardofHuncote I Still Dream of Jeannie Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    PM sent.

13. Bump.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.