Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SF Bay Area Talkbass Get Together

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jazzbo, Oct 24, 2002.

1. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Well, plans for the first Northern California/SF Bay Area Talkbass Get Together fell apart. The cause was apparently apathy. But, I remain optimistic that a get together is still possible. So, what I propose is this:

November 15 marks the release of the film Standing in the Shadows of Motown. While it's too early to tell where it's playing, although I would probably guess that Berkeley's Landmark theater is possible, I think that this would mark an excellent chance to get together. The popular bar Spats might also provide some pre- or post-movie drinks and a chance to chat.

Anyway, what do you SF Bay Area folk think about getting together to catch this film and talk all things bass?

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    There were plans of a get together???:confused:

I'm all for the movie idea. Please keep me informed somehow.

3. I remember an idea of a SF g2g when I first registered, nearly a year ago.

I'd still love a get together, but the 15th of Nov is my wifes birthday, so that date is no good for me. :(

Who all is in the area?

All I really know of off the top of my head are the three of us.

4. I'd like to go, I'm usually there about that time but I don't think I'll be able to get down there this year. :(
    Ah well... have fun, I'll see if I can get my cousin to get down there. Don't worry, he's nothing like me. :rolleyes:

5. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    Sounds good to me...keep me informed..

6. i'm going to be in SF from the 12th-17th, so i'll see if i can make it

7. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I should be able to make almost anything on the weekend after next weekend. I've been thinking that something like this should happen for a while. Keep me posted.

8. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    That's just the date the movie comes out. We wouldn't do it without you Chaos. We'll find a good date for most everyone.

9. Gulice

Gulice

Sep 13, 2002
    ROAD TRIP WOO! lol *sigh* i dont have a car :mad:

10. :D Yay!! Big Happy grin! :D

I'm taking leave later on in November, around Thanksgiving, so dpending on what I'm doing then I'm free. Also, any Sunday would work best for me. How about the 17th? Checkin out the movie and having some drinks in Berk sounds like fun. I'm all for it as long as the date is good.

(We could also look into finding an open mic, or some place where we could plug in.)

11. :(, sorry, turns out that were not going the SF on the 12 through the 17, gonna have to skip this one

12. Howdy.
    I'd love to be a part of an SF get together. I never heard about the first one--I guess I should monitor the off-topic forums more closely.
    I live about 20 minutes South of the city down the coast.
    Providing everything works out with my schedual, as I'm sure it will, you can count me in.

By the way, for an informal SF get together, you're all invited to my gig this Sunday (Nov. 10th) at the Hotel Utah. It's the second "Surfin' Sunday" there at the Utah. Show starts at 2 pm. 21+, $5.
    The Hotel Utah is located at 4th and Bryant.
    It's sure to be a lot of fun. The Utah is a nice place, for those of you who are not familiar with it.
    Although the show is 21+, minors are admitted with a legal guardian. This is a family event! Bring your kids.
    Opening bands are the Surf Liners and the Sub-Mersians.

Sorry for the shameless self-promotion, but I'd just like to see some of you local guys and gals out there.
    I hope to see some of those familiar bass cleft T-shirts!
    And keep us posted on the whole SF happening.

Kenan O'Brien

13. Well since this got bumped up again, my plans have changed. Instead of going on leave like I had planned, I start Airman Leadership School Wednesday. So, fomr now until the end of the year, I'm pretty much booked solid. :(

I'm still planning on being at the TB Pro get together in Anaheim in January.

We could plan something for early Spring maybe.

14. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    why does this always happen to us?:confused:

15. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Who knows. I've been wondering that myself, starchild.

16. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    We have lives?:D

17. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
  18. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000