1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sfarzo strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Planet Boulder, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Back in the day (10+ years ago), I tried out a set of Sfarzos that, as I recall, lasted a LONG(!!!!) time and proved to be (up to that point) some of the best strings I had ever played. I haven't seen them in the stores anywhere since, but I see that Juststrings.com has 'em, and for dirt cheap!

Has anyone here played Sfarzos recently? Are they worth a damn? Any thoughts at all on the matter would be much appreciated.

For reference, my strings of choice are DR Hi-beams on my fretted basses and I also like Ken Smiths.

Thanks in advance!

2. Stewart Milos

Stewart Milos

Jan 24, 2007
    Hey, abosolutly the best strings I have ever used. And now they have the Sfarzo S.F.T. Nickel Iron strings that are insane. Also, they use the same alloy configuration as you experienced 10 years ago. This model of strings is called Sfarzo Super Screamers.

They have some websites you can check out.

www.sfarzo.us
    www.myspace.com/sfarzostrings
    www.myspace.com/sfarzoartists

Thanks, Stewart

3. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Thanks Stewart - good to hear! The fact that they are so cheap is a plus as well! :D