1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD SFX D3 Custom Shop Preamp / DI / Thumpinator (sound sample)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by bassolodic, Oct 17, 2020 at 3:33 PM.

1. bassolodic

bassolodic Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2015
    NYC
    Price:
    United States
    I had the idea and did the schematic for this and then Max built it for me. The thing sounds like a Neve 1073 preamp. (I know cause I've played through one.)

I specifically requested the low impedance setting since one of my favorite ever recorded bass sounds was into the low impedance setting of a Focusrite ISA mic pre.

About the sound sample - it's the D3 straight into my TecAmp Puma 12 combo (also FS) - with all EQ settings flat. (This was from a rehearsal for a benefit show - I'd put the recorder close to the amp so it's a rather bass forward mix.)

I'm selling this just to get the SFX Diplomat (!) here on TB since that has EQ which I can use for my amp-less pedalboard.

If you don't already know, SFX stuff is DA BOMB.

Mint condition.

IMG-7257.JPG
    IMG-7259.JPG
    IMG-7261.JPG

Melya and The Diaper Geni like this.