1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

sfx Micro Thumpinator

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Wraithwrider, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Wraithwrider

Wraithwrider

Nov 8, 2005
    Kendal UK
    I used my new MT for the 1st time last night at band practice. I thought I'd share an email I just sent to Max of sfx:

An update Max. I’ve installed the Micro Thumpinator at the beginning of my small pedal board (Compressor, tuner, combined octaver/drive/fuzz, chorus and flanger) and I used my EBMM Bongo 5 HH. My amp is a Markbass LMII and I checked my pedal board settings, dropped the master volume on the amp to 9 0’clock and went to set up the gain. I raised the gain far higher than normal and still no clipping, I stopped trying to get it to clip as the amp was producing so much volume while turned down!
    I bought the Micro Thumpinator to protect my drivers on my EAD 212 but it’s done so much more than that. It’s removed the ‘sub-dross’ from my amp (and pedals) and given the amp a better go at processing the cleaner signal that shows no loss of bottom end either.
    I’m a little curious as to why the MT works so well and the H P filters in both the amp itself and the John East Uni-Pre don’t achieve the same results.
    Best money I’ve spent on gear, I had complaints I was too loud at amp settings way below ‘normal’.
    Peter