1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD sfx Micro Thumpinator

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by sonofshel, Dec 4, 2017.

1. sonofshel

sonofshel Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Price:
    $150.00
    CDCC4784-B5F6-492C-97BB-9A7410E66C94. Bought this brand new from Max. Built especially for 4 string bass. Cutoff is at 38hz I believe, whereas most of this particular model cutoff at 30. Includes shipping within CONUS

Rayjay and Twocan like this.
  2. Charley Umbria

Charley Umbria I'm Really a Drummer Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Rock City, TN
    Bump for the best dual-use pedalboard buffer ever!

sonofshel likes this.
  3. Soundworks

Soundworks Supporting Member

May 12, 2012
    Santa Cruz Mountains
    Love mine. Highly recommended.

sonofshel likes this.
  4. I've been watching for one of these on the classifieds for years. Thank you for letting us know it's set up for 4 string bass. I was just about to jump on this. It would've been a bummer to find out after the fact that it wasn't optimized for my 5 strings. I'm sure this won't last long!

sonofshel likes this.
  5. sonofshel

Mar 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Yeah, when I ordered this and mentioned how I’m exclusively a four string bassist, I was concerned about having my frequency cutoff a little bit closer to 40Hz. Thankfully he had just made this so I snagged it quickly. Glad he had one available and also glad that you didn’t mistakenly purchase it, too. I’m hoping that we might have discussed this detail before exchanging funds also...

Rayjay likes this.
  6. Soundworks

Soundworks Supporting Member

May 12, 2012
    Santa Cruz Mountains
    Funny as a sound engineer I would be happy to filter a 5 string at 38Hz.

Mastering engineers will ultimately lob off everything below 40Hz for the final.

It’s the hunk below all that that wastes headroom and also has unintended consequences for other circuits (comps for example).

7. sonofshel

Mar 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    And sold! Thanks everyone for your interest and kind comments

Soundworks likes this.