1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SG Cases

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by sublime0bass, Jan 22, 2008.

1. sublime0bass

sublime0bass

Aug 2, 2007
    Boone, NC
    I was thinking of getting an Epiphone EB-0 (short scale) and wanted to eventually upgrade to a Gibson SG, providing I like the 30.5".

Do standard SG guitar cases fit a short scale SG bass body style? I'm not entirely sure if the Epi and the Gibson basses are the same size.

Based on the above, could someone recommend a suitable case for an Epiphone EB-0?

2. bluestarbass

bluestarbass

Jul 31, 2007
    Indianapolis
    I wouldnt think so. The scale length on a SG guitar is 24 and 3/4 in. Your asking to add another 6 inches. I have an SG and it fits pretty snug in the case. So my answer is no, i dont believe the EB bass will fit in an SG case.

3. sublime0bass

sublime0bass

Aug 2, 2007
    Boone, NC
    lame. so where would i find a good SG bass case?

4. bluestarbass

bluestarbass

Jul 31, 2007
    Indianapolis
    I just checked gibsons website. The gibson version comes with a bass. I did a quick google search and all I could find was vintage ones. My guess is you could go to a gibson dealer and order one from gibson or epiphone possibly.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021