1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD SGD Neo Sidewinder (EMG-35 size)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by sikamikanico, Dec 5, 2017.

1. sikamikanico

sikamikanico Supporting Member

Mar 17, 2004
    SGD neodymium sidewinder in an EMG-35 sized enclosure (3.5" X 1.5"). This size is more typical for 4-string basses, but it uses a single blade (not individual poles) and can be used with any string arrangement and spacing up to 2.95" (75mm). It shows some string wear on top, but is otherwise in good working condition.

As a sidewinder, it's a noise-cancelling pickup, but the two coils are on their sides and share a single blade that senses a narrow portion of the string (i.e. narrow aperture), like a single coil pickup.

The previous owner described the sound well, so I'll use his description: "Medium high output. Lots of authority in the lows and low mids. Still warm through the high mid and highs, with a little more snap up top. It was wound as a bridge pickup. While it does make a great bridge pickup, I actually used it a lot as a neck pickup. I think it is a more well rounded pickup."

The only thing I would add is that it's voiced more modern than vintage, and it responds well to hand position adjustment and passive tone controls.

Pictures (from the previous owner):
    WP_20171106_19_12_41_Pro. WP_20171106_19_13_43_Pro. WP_20171106_19_14_33_Pro.

$60 shipped to CONUS. PayPal only.
    I might consider trades, especially 4-string bridges. Send offers via PM.