Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sgt Baker

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Mud Flaps, Feb 8, 2003.

1. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    Never in my life have I seen a good tab for Sgt. Baker by Primus off Sailing the Seas of Cheese. First of all, all the tabs I've seen are the exact same thing, and they're all wrong!!! Les Claypool says that Sgt Baker is played on an A bass with 2 A strings and 2 G strings tuned AGAG.Someone please provide me the correct tab to this song in AGAG tuning.

2. I have also heard that he (Les) uses two A's and two G's but i also seem to remember him saying that it was just for easier strumming and a "trebbly" crunch, which he certainly has. The entire song is played on a 4 string and pretty much straightforward.

All the bass

3. Hey, if you want something done right, then you gotta do it yourself.

4. wonderboy

wonderboy

Oct 27, 2002
    whe les says he uses 2 a's and 2 g's he means the string gauges!!! any primus fan should know this. he strings his e and a string with A gauge string as well as the d and g with G gauges. not a-a-g-g tuning!

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

That's what he meant... EADG tuning with AAGG strings. Any primus fan should know that's what he meant. :p