Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Metallkasten, Jul 29, 2002.

1. :confused: Question: I am just starting out playing and someone i know said rogue is a good, cheap (In price) brand to start with, How is rogue in general, and how is the LX200B?
  2. if your wondering why i put shadow, it is a private joke...
  3. A rouge is the worst bass money can buy. You will be the envy of all your friends.
  4. then what would you reccomend?
  5. As a first, inexpensive bass, I would reccomend an Ibanez GSR200, Squiers, or cheap Yamaha. You can buy the Ibanez in a pack that comes with a strap, amp, bass, tuner, and some other stuff. But do not go with the rouge, there are far too many other entry level basses to start with.
  6. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i'd try to get a squier jazz bass.
  7. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    dudes! essex.
    go to
    really cheap. good quiality

8. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    THAT'S RIGHT! forgot about those!

definitely check out the essex basses.

btw...i believe this is my 2000th post :D
  9. wow! That is a lot of help. I was looking at squier and there are to bass squiers...What (other than the name) is the difference?
  10. Wow, essex has great prices! But which one...?
  11. How much are you looking to spend on your first setup? $500? $750? $1000?
  12. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Yeah.. i wouldn't go with a rogue bass... they really really suck.. I would say depending on your price range. a MIM fender Jazz or an essex Jazz... Haven't played an essex myself.. but they have gotten some attention here at TB
  13. yeah, i'm gonna get an essex, they are easy on the pocket book which leaves funding for "extras"