Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Shadows Fall-Of One Blood

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Velocimaniac, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Velocimaniac

Velocimaniac

Jun 14, 2002
    Alabama
    Good
    *I like both singers and most of the lines, especially when they sing at the same time

*Guitar riffs sound great and are at the same time easy to play(though I don't play guitar, I am impressed they can sound so good with little work)

*Excellent solos and drumlines

*Kudos to the slow, acoustic interludes in some of the songs--they provide an interesting opposite to the "brutal" sound of the majority of the music

Bad
    *The bassist/bass sound is close to nonexistance

*The 5th track talking about cutting yourself and thinking of death seems contrived and somewhat fake

*Some of the riffs are a little too repetitive

*I'm not very impressed with the band members personally

I got this cd for Christmas and I have to say I'm impressed. I haven't been able to put it down. I can't get enough of the solos on Of One Blood and Montauk. The only big complaint I have is that the bassist is so neglected :( Other than that I recommend it to metal fans

2. Shadows Fall is a great band, and I love Of One Blood. I like their newest effort, The Art of Balance, a lot too. The bass is much more audible in the new one as well. I suggest you check it out. It even has a pretty cool cover of Pink Floyd's Welcome to the Machine.

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Art of Balance is excellent! Of One Blood, not my favorite cd. Check out Somber Eyes to the Sky if you can find it! It has the singer from All That Remains, great CD.