Shaking Things Up

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Snakeman1066, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Central Valley
    So I recently joined a Stoner/Sludge band and my rig consists of a 4x10 cab running dirty and a single 15 running clean (stereo)

we started out as a trio but realized that we neede another gui**** to pull off some stuff live (previously I was running an octave up pedal along with my dirt into a 2 x 12 guitar amp)

anyway yesterday at practice the new gui**** starts playing this new song he wrote (very OLD Rush sounding), so while he was showing us the cord structure, i heard in my own head; a very Geddy like bass line...so i put my pick between my teeth reached back and cranked both gain knobs 1 notch and launched into this bass line using my fingers....(which is something I don't get to do often...and never in this band as of yet)....(have to use a pick for more attack to cut through the mix) and everybody stops and stares at me....so I stop and I'm all What!? and they all go WOW! *** dude why don't you sound like that all the time? To which i responded... well if you guitrads would turn down once in a while i could play like this all the time.

just goes to show the tone IS in the Fingers...lol

2. PBass101

PBass101

Jul 3, 2008
    Illinois
    Glad to hear you're getting more respect and a larger opportunity to play out the way you want to play. Bass should be more than just some afterthought to a guitar player's spotlight, especially in rock.

3. Bravo!!!

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021