Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by addylewis, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Gonna get a kustom soon (I know, you lot are probably sick of hearing me say that...)

I was thinking about simply buying a Marshall 2x12 cab and sticking 2 delta 8 ohm 400 watters in it for a portable solution.

I was also thinking about getting one of the cabs that go with it...

I've got enough money for either, but if I make my own cab it'll probably come to about £250 in total (and be more portable and theoretically 800-ish watts) or i could spend £550 on the 4x10 that goes with it which is bigger but only goes up to about 500-600 watts

(I know everyone here uses different makes of cabs and stuff, but quite a lot of them I've never heard of in I've rounded it down to these 2 choices)

WHICH SHOULD I GET? :bassist:
  2. why would it get me nowhere? - I'd have thought it'd work fine...
  3. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

As noted by Link, you will need to match the driver (speaker) with a properly sized cab (volume) and proper porting to allow the driver to work properly. Otherwise the driver will "fart" and not work correctly, hence making your cab sound like crap if it even works correctly at all. If you take your time and do it correctly, you can make yourself a fine cab, but taking the chance on just any speaker working in any cab with any porting is just not worth the risk...
  4. ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    If you read the threads that have been suggested, you would know why.
  5. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    In line with your title: THOU SHALT NOT BUILD THINE OWN CABINET

Congrats on the Kustom, I have one myself and it's pretty beastly
  6. The Kustom 410 gets farty with a little bass boost, or when you are playing notes lower than an open E, like drop D or low B on a 5-string. I'd like to try one of their 215 cabs or their new 810.