Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Shallow rackmount power strips?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lockout, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    I'm currently in the process of trying to condense my rack gear into a smaller smaller case, so I'm thinking of ways that I can replace things or move them around in order to fit my setup into a 6-space rack case.

I've been looking for a rackmount power strip that I can mount to the rear rack rails of my case, behind my Aguilar DB680. The DB680 is 12" deep, and the rack I'll be trying to fit this gear in will be a little over 16" deep. In order to have room for the cables connected to the back of the DB680 and the power cords connected to the power strip, I'm going to need to find a rackmount power strip that's under 2" deep.

Does anyone know of any rackmount power strips that would be shallow enough to fit?

Also, is there such thing as an adapter that makes it possible to mount rack gear vertically in a horizontal rack case?

On a similar note, does anyone know where I could find a relatively short AC power cord with right angle plugs on both ends? (Like this but shorter and with a right-angle plug on the 3-prong male end too.)

I'm also open to any other ideas you might have to keep the size of this rack case down to a minimum. At the moment I've got my DB680 & DB728 in an 8-space, 19" deep rack, and it's unbelievably heavy. I'd like to do whatever I can to reduce the rack case's weight and size, since I really don't want to sell any of the Aguilar stuff inside it. ;)

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    the only thing ive seen that fits the bill would be standard power strips screwed into a wooden rack or bolted into an skb style one after drilling appropriate holes. i've also seen standard quad boxes bolted in similar fashion. mayeb one of those silly strips monster makes might do the trick too (the cheap ones).

3. LWatford

LWatford

Jul 28, 2001
    Helena, AL
    I found one not that long ago, I'll see if I can find it again. If I remember right, it was less than 2" deep.

4. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i use one that was intended for a computer/network rack. works great for me, and i have it mounted just like you plan on doing. might be able to find one at CDW.

5. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
  6. Buzz

Buzz

Feb 3, 2004
    Metro Detroit
    I recently picked up a Tripp Lite Isobar4 Ultra from CDW to use with my new AG500SC. I want to travel light too and this just goes in to the cable/gig bag. I got one on Big String's recommendation.
    I believe he uses his with a Walter Woods head.

Buzz

7. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine