1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Shame on me...now it's time to vent

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Breslin dp, Sep 16, 2010.

1. I purchased a used Modulus Flea bass from Guitar Center almost a month ago. I had been looking for awhile and came across one on their site used in California. I called the store and spoke with the manager who assured me the bass was in great condition. I asked for the bottom price and made the purchase. I won't get into the price but it was fair for a Modulus in good - excellent shape.

When the bass arrived I noticed the huge chip on the side of the bass almost immediately. After that I went over the bass from top to bottom; and let's just say maybe it's in fair condition. So, I call GC and they play dumb for a bit. Then tell me yeah it had a couple of dings and chips; but nothing major though.

Anyway we made a deal and they would order me a Modulus hard shell case and have to me in a week. Okay that's fair I thought. 3 weeks later no case and I am still getting the run around from GC. Well I finally had enough and I am taking the bass back to the GC in Indy and getting my cash back.

Now I am back to looking for a Modulus Flea bass.:bawl:

2. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    That's a bummer, bro. At least GC has a good return policy. I wouldn't think it would be THAT difficult to find a used Flea.... is it? You talking about the GC in Castleton? That used to be the best GC, by far, i've ever been too(haven't been in over 3 years though, since I moved to Ohio). They used to have a very nice selection of new and especially, used basses. Is it still as good as it used to be?

3. Thanks for the kind words. I hope not. The problem was I had been saving up the cash and I finally get one and this happened. Oh well we live and we learn I guess.

4. MKoby

MKoby

Jul 14, 2004
    MD/Metro DC
    Ouch.

Wishes for best and that you find joy in the next bass.

5. The search has begun

6. GregDunn

GregDunn

Jan 8, 2009
    Too bad. I have had great results in person at GC in Castleton; but if you're having it shipped from halfway across the country you're at the mercy of that particular GC shop. :(

7. With their excellent return policy it's not THAT big of a deal. At least you'll get all the money you spent back.

8. xjeremiahx

xjeremiahx

Apr 19, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    No longer a slave to GC.
    There is a purple flake one in Rockland, Maryland.
    Not sure what the color you're lookin for is, but that's the only one I see right now.

As far as the case goes w/ GC. Speaking from exp with ordering cases from companies...it sucks. I ordered an Epiphone Explorer/Korina Bass case for a customer because the one they shipped us originally didn't fit - at all. The case takes 5 months to get. Epiphone gives me the complete runaround on why it takes so long and why the other cases sucked so bad. My GIBSON rep, although he was more helpful, had the same answers, because that's all they forked over to him.

Sadly, now I have this bass case, and an upset customer who will probably never call/buy from me again because Epiphone sucked at getting me their case.

So, I feel your pain man, I've also been on that end of the runaround from the actual manufacturer. It sucks.

PM me if you want me to keep an eye our for any gear man, esp used.

Jeremy

[​IMG]

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021