1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Shameless Gig-Spam -- West Village Tonight!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by anonymous0726, Nov 20, 2002.

1. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Playing on Slab tonight with a group that is probably my favorite musical experience since moving here to NYC three years ago.

Edo Yanai -- Israel, New York, currently Florida (flying up just to play the gig!), guitar

Mike Pavone -- CT, New York, Guitar, and possibly some vocals

Me -- Toledo, Cleveland, Boston, Toledo, Decorah, IA, Toledo, New York, The Slab

Karen Teperberg -- Israel, Boston, New York, drums

No cover, but feed the bucket. I don't know if the place has a minimum or not, but past experience shows that they don't enforce it too hard. The bartender is too busy trying to get laid, generally.

We'll be playing free-form funk/rock and originals. Far from the comfort of the acoustic jazz that I call home. High volume and incredible chemistry. I'm hoping to see NYC-area TB'ers out.

With Edo moving to Florida and Karen moving to L.A. in a couple of weeks, this will be likely the last get together for this band and it would be neat to have folks hear it.

5 lb. Bag
    9:00pm - 12:30pm (depending on attendance)

Finally Fred's
    765 Wahington St. (@ W. 12th)
    New York, NY
    (212) 255-5105