1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Shameless plug for my wife's first novel, "Out of the Blues"

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Keyser Soze, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Supporting Member

My wife is a retired Atlanta cop. She's been studying creative writing for years and recently signed a book deal. Her first novel was published two weeks ago today by G. P. Putnam's Sons, an imprint of Penguin Random House. It is about the death of a blues man, among other things.

It's being very well received, I believe, because it's a really good book. It's available wherever books are sold, from Amazon.com to indies; in hardback, Kindle, audio book.

You can find out more about it at her web site, trudynanboyce.com and elsewhere on the internets by searching for Trudy Nan Boyce or Out of the Blues. She's also on Facebook, Trudy Nan Boyce.

Check it out. Thanks.

Aberdumbie and SnoMan like this.
  2. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Just finished reading the excerpt. Good writing. I'm an avid reader and ordered the hardcover. So tell 'er she owes you.

S-Bigbottom, Keyser Soze and Tom Bomb like this.
  3. Keyser Soze

Thanks so much, sissy kathy. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I'll tell her you say "she owes me." I'll get back to you with the results of that.

sissy kathy and Tom Bomb like this.
  4. sissy kathy

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
  5. Keyser Soze

6. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Congrats to you and your wife. If I were a fiction reader I'd bite, but I don't believe I've ever gotten past the first chapter of any novel I wasn't required to read :). Not sure what that's about, but it iz what it iz.

Takes a lot of discipline and commitment to finish a book and get it published and out into the world. I'm considering taking a course that pretty much guarantees to take you from start to finish. I have a few non fiction books in outline form that are waiting to come to life. Getting closer to committing to that....

Keyser Soze likes this.
  7. Keyser Soze

My wife has done a few interviews where she was asked "what have you learned about writing..."

Her #1 answer is, paraphrased, "You've gotta show up every day at your desk. The muse may not be there but you gotta be there..."

In other words, as you said, discipline and commitment.

I'll pass along your congrats. Thanks.

Joe Nerve likes this.
  8. sissy kathy

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Let'er know I just received the book; guess what I'm doin' tonight!

No, I'm reading that book (filthy minds.)

9. Keyser Soze

Thanks for your support! Hope you enjoy(ed?) the book!