Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

shameless self-promotion

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Pat Farrell, Mar 7, 2005.

1. www.pwfarrell.com is my web-site. please have a listen to my playing (especially with my band, traffic) and tell me what you think. I built the site entirely with flash so you'll need that.

Thanks guys,

Pat Farrell

ps. any tips with web/career would be HUGELY appreciated.

2. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Excellent playing! Sounds like some great musicians, there.

You may want to add a subtle "skip intro" or "skip animation" to the pages. It would help a visitor get to what they want after multiple visits. Overall, it is a very nice site. Easy to navigate and the layout/color scheme works well.

3. Thanks buddy. I agree, i think the best thing to do would be to have a really basic non-flash site as an alternative. What do you think?

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I agree with the non-flash option. While stuff flying across the screen is fun to create, it's a bit annoying when you are navigating the site.

Also, while I like the music with Traffic, I have to wonder why you used the name of a '60s supergroup.

5. I guess being born in the 80's is a valid excuse?
    Plus, I can't see too many rockers mistakenly shelfing our stuff under the misaprehention (spelling?) that their rock heroes have reunited and opted for an ecm meets Tribal-Tech stylistic divergence.........

6. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    It didn't work for Nirvana when they were sued by 60s group Nirvana.

(not that they used that specific excuse)

7. Maybe that's the secret......name your band after another band and then the fame and glory follows....I can see it now......"The first ever MTV best film clip for a Jazz-Fusion single goes to ..............TRAFFIC, who couldn't make it tonight as they are in court over copyright issues.........."

As long as i don't have to marry Courtney Love........she is scary.

8. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    No such thing as bad publicity, right? :D

9. why don't you kids take the time to sign my guest book.............it's pretty lonely in there :(

sorry if these last posts are tinged with insanity.... it's 1am here and i am SUPPOSED to be practising.......or sleeping........or something.......

10. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA

An alternative html site would be nice.