Shamelessly showing off my new bass guitar

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CYoung, Feb 4, 2002.

1. CYoung

Nov 30, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    Ok, here it is:

Peavey Cirrus 4-string. Bubinga. Plays and sounds like a dream. My other basses are getting very lonely.......
  2. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    no shame in that bass. man that is saweet :)
  3. Very pretty....Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors bass :mad: Looks like im a sinner
  4. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Welcome to the club.
  5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    You "are" shameless...

Me too;)
  6. gotta say that Cirruses are one of my fav basses and I haven't even played one. SO I guess it's a fav based on looks. I'm partial to 5 strings but I sure wouldn't turn that down. Sweet deal.
  7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I like the bubinga top. Looks so...smooth...
  8. Sweet! I didn't know that Peavey used ribbon stripe bubinga on Cirruses; all the ones I'd seen were plain, unfigured stuff, which is still incredibly beautiful.

You like bubinga? If so, check my bass out:

9. Very nice. Congradulations and have fun.
  10. I want a Cirrus now!!!! GAS!!!!!
  11. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
  12. CYoung

Nov 30, 2000
    Gainesville, FL

Wat kind of bass is that? I like the wood on that thing.

Believe it or not, every one of my basses is tung-oiled wood of some sort. The Carvin LB20 is Koa, the Peavey RSB is Koa, and the Cirrus is Bubinga and walnut.

What can I say, I am just not a holoflake-sparkle finish kind of guy. I have always been fond of natural wood finish. I especially like Carvin's Claro Walnut series.
  13. It's an FBB custom; you can find out about it if you search for threads on "FBB" within the last month.
  14. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome to the club! I'm sure that you're as happy with it as the rest of us are with ours. Very good basses for the price.

Let's get that picture turned around right for you. Nice bubinga, btw!:cool:

15. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    That thing is sweet. I've been looking at the Cirrus 6 in my local music store (every week for lessons) for about three months.

Bassically, I start getting over my weekly GAS only to have it renewed every Monday. :D
  16. YE GADS that is a nice looking axe! :eek:

Good luck with it, sir.

Mike J.
  17. DeepBlueBass

Apr 28, 2000
    Dallas TX
    Dude, I just got a cirrus 6, and man I know your happy. The 6 is bad ass. It wa the sister bass of a guy named Eric Moore, he's a good buddy of Victor Wootens and his is a six string bubinga cirrus. Mine is the other one he ordered and set up but never bought, and he's glad that "I" got it and not some loser (shameless plug). Mine is the quilted maple top and it has a gloss finish, not satin but the neck is still silky smooth, and I love it so bass on my cirrus bother.
  18. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

DeepBlue, another Dallasite, eh? Which shop did you get yours at?