1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Shamray Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Petary791, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I saw this link on the side of this page, so I clicked it. It's another custom bass type website, and I was wondering, has anyone used this site? It looks awesome, I just wish I could understand what woods are different from other woods and whatnot.

2. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    Check for a recent thread, only in the last week or two. The owner posted a number of times during it. Use the majic search function at the top of the page.
    It looks awesome, I just wish I could understand what woods are different from other woods and whatnot.
    Rampart, Ken Smith, FBB and a number of other luthiers have pages on their sites that have wood tone comments/descriptions. However some people insist that the wood adds very little contribution.
    Check out the Luthiers corner here for further discussions.

3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    DAHH! I failed at searching, I normally do!

Bows down in shame.

Thank you.

4. I just found out about the Shamray shop - I have never heard of it before, and since I'm in town, I'll try to check it out and I'll post some comments when I can.