Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Shamray Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Petary791, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I saw this link on the side of this page, so I clicked it. It's another custom bass type website, and I was wondering, has anyone used this site? It looks awesome, I just wish I could understand what woods are different from other woods and whatnot.

2. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    Check for a recent thread, only in the last week or two. The owner posted a number of times during it. Use the majic search function at the top of the page.
    It looks awesome, I just wish I could understand what woods are different from other woods and whatnot.
    Rampart, Ken Smith, FBB and a number of other luthiers have pages on their sites that have wood tone comments/descriptions. However some people insist that the wood adds very little contribution.
    Check out the Luthiers corner here for further discussions.

3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    DAHH! I failed at searching, I normally do!

Bows down in shame.

Thank you.

4. I just found out about the Shamray shop - I have never heard of it before, and since I'm in town, I'll try to check it out and I'll post some comments when I can.