Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Share your favorite forum cliche phrases

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Bass Viking, Mar 3, 2005.

1. You know what I mean, those phrases you hear over and over on internet forums and Ebay. Just to get the ball rolling, here are a couple:

1 - "The pictures don't do it justice"

Geez, I have a photo of the quilted top on my Carvin that makes it look even BETTER than it does in person. I must need a new camera.

2 - "It sounds as good as it looks!"

Yeah, after a few beer :D .
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Seems like every high end bass in the For Sale forum is "the best the seller has ever played, but I'm selling it to buy..."

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I LOVE that :D

4. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    My favorite is

"Behringer products are made by child slaves in a sweatshop in China."

5. N*Joy

N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    "Tone is all in the hands" (with $5k rig in signature)

and in reference to warwick thumbs "I have no problems with neck dive on this bass.... I use a 5" wide camelskin backed micro-tanned ezgrip leather strap."

6. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    No kidding. I love that one.

7. fIeLdY Luv and/or "Theres nothing RONG with punk rock bassists"

8. On ebay you get alot of 'A fantastic (insert made up finish here) coloured finish, looks fantasic with (Insert random and incorrect pick-up brand here) pickups and (not) brand new strings. Was taken for a service one week(year and a bit) ago. Perfect (decent) working condition and sounds great (not really, thats why im selling it)'