Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Share your hobbies/other interests here!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mesa Man, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Ok, what do you all do when you dont play bass (or work)?

Share your other interests here!

I am into blacksmithing, mountainbiking and photography.

Blacksmithing is very very fun, I highly recommend it to anyone! I like being creative I guess :)

What are your hobbies/interests?

2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I collect used Q tips and use them for fortune telling.

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I like writing fiction, making beer, cooking, reading, and playing video games. :)

4. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    I enjoy listening to music
    Photography
    Play and watch football (soccer for you yanks)
    Play badminton
    Taking walks
    Playing video games and photoshopping and the computer
    Watching good movies

5. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    We're allowed to do other things.... :confused:

:D

I don't do much aside from music now really. I used to do some blacksmithing, armoursmithing specifically at the time, but that fell aside.

Drinking! I do that in my spare time. Does that count as a hobby???

I'm glad music has been keeping me busy....otherwise I'd probably be really bored.

6. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    body building & hot rods here.

7. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    In my spare time I'm a vexillologist.

8. Jonesy4fnk

Jonesy4fnk Supporting Member

My hobbies are based around my wife's job(s) actually.

I love scuba diving, my wife was/is an instructor and worked for a shop that sent her (and I sometimes) on trips to some beautiful islands with their customers. Basically she was paid to take them on vacation.....crazy. But we got to dive on some truly amazing sites all over the caribean and Mexico. There is just something so humbling about hovering 80 feet below the surface with all the sea life effortlessly swimming around you.

I'm also into practicing yoga. And my wife is also a yoga instructor. So that works out well :) I use to have so many issues with my back pain. Yoga has truly helped me overcome those issues and keeps me feeling energized and in tune with my body, and mind. Its a great way to center, if you can;t go hover 80 feet underwater.

I also enjoy photography and playing with photoshop.

9. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Photography, skateboarding, snowboarding, painting, drawing, guitar, cooking and hanging with my dogs.

Mesa Man, do you make swords? If so thats a really cool hobby. If not its ok...you still get props for originality. ;) Jk, that's awesome.

10. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I play drums as well as far as music is concerned. I am a web designer of sorts, I like pretending how to cook, playing board games with my wife, and I'm starting to get into video games a bit.

11. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Flyfishing, Photography, and Shooting assault weapons :D

12. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Aside from anything music-related, I'm definitely a computer freak. I'm not an engineer or technician, just what the experts call a "power user". Most of my friends who have a computer here always call me to solve any Windows related problem, reinstall OS, configure programs, etc.

13. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

METALLICA ! Walking and enjoying Nature, Religious Art,Tattoo's , Scotch and Burbon, good beer,Ethics, Philosophy, Reading, , Psychology, politics and current events.Talking to Animals. Having GTG's with the Talk Bass crowd :D .

14. IndyBass

IndyBass

Jun 11, 2005
    Central Indiana
    For me, it's orienteering. That's a running/hiking sport based around detailed map navigation through unfamiliar wooded terrain. I also like cooking, astronomy, and antique pocketwatches. When I'm not spending time with the kids!

15. -Sports ( Basketball , Soccer , Baseball , Mountain Biking etc. )
    -working out ( I go to the gym 3 times per week )
    -reading ( books , magazines etc. )
    -Photography
    -going to concerts/festivals ( ok that's music related )
    -consuming beer :D
    -Politics/History
    -TV ( Simpsons , South Park etc.)
    -Movies

16. I'm almost ashamed that I don't do this yet. I'm going to start as soon as possible.

I have a lot of interests, but not so many hobbies. I'm mainly into having a good time, but that doesn't sound cool when people ask you what you've been up to and all you have to say is, "Just hanging out, enjoying myself, same old stuff, listening and playing."

17. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Snowboarding, tennis

18. Well I guess I could make you a sword, but it would be hard to get it through customs.. :)

Lots of people are into photography here obviously, which must be a coincidence? Bass=photograpgic interest obviously. :D

iamthebassman: So you collect flags, eh? :cool:

19. Tired_Thumb

Tired_Thumb Guest

I'm a private pilot, qualified to be an advanced ground instructor (just need to get my lazy @$$ up to the FSDO), working on my instrument, commercial, and then CFI/II/AMEL/AMEI/ATP from there, or whatever other ratings I need to keep a job. :eyebrow:

Also into boxing, outdoors, vintage video gaming, storm chasing, and other things that attract my interest for five minutes at a time.

20. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    Yep, got about 200 or so, some really old.