1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Share your thoughts and feelings on the last class/test you had before graduating.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Aug 10, 2007.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Share your thoughts and feelings on the last class/test you had before graduating. Friends this upcomming Thursday is shapping up to be my last class before the successful compleation of my Philosophy degree , besides being tottaly exausted by undertaking 60 credits in the span of 1 year I am greatly reflective of the journey the last 6 years have been.

2. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    (for highschool) we had art and design 3200 which i thought was fitting because it was my favorite class all through high school, i got a 98! lol

but it was a huge relief and yet sad at the same time, i had a funny feeling in my stumuch all day because i didn't/dont want to go to college but yet im excited to go:p yes im ****ed up lol

but yea i think its a huge milestone just to finish highschool let alone college

congrats MM

3. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Wow congratulations Major. That is a real accomplishment, what do you plan to do with your degree?

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Continued Graduate Study and then I would like to work with my Avatar. :)

5. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    That sounds like a good plan, best of luck.

6. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    well, I havn't graduated HS yet, but I remember my last final of last year was chemistry. It was my least favorite class with my least favorite teacher.

I remember I was one of the first ones done and had a few extra minutes to spare (I got one of the highest scores of the class).

I started looking around to remember it, and started thinking "I'll probably never step foot in this classroom again", and a huge smile started creeping onto my face. I havn't been that happy in a looooong time.

7. jucas

jucas

Dec 14, 2003
    Alberta
    I liked my degree so I finished all my hard/interesting stuff first and had a semester to catch up on the filler. Last exam was 200 level art history and I honestly could've been drunk and done well on it. I'd already gotten in to my next program and had most of my grades back, so all I could think about was getting done, leaving town, and starting over.

8. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    My last highschool test (I had the whole last month off for out of school IB testing) was IB music. It was pretty hard because I didn't actually take the class, my band teacher just had a few sessions with me. I was tested on Bartok's concerto for orchestra which I had maybe listened to all of 3 or 4 times. I've never done so much bs in my life. I ended up getting a 4/7 on the test, a 4/7 on my compositions (hahah another case of throwing stuff together at the last minute) and a 6/7 on my recorded performance... I got a 4/7 overall which was passing, and all I cared about. Not bad for a class that was technically my jazz band period. Hahah, it's hard to squeeze 8 classes into a 7 period day.

9. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Banned

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    last year of HS :hyper: gonna feel so good to be done, this year will be best though.

10. doctorjazz

doctorjazz

Oct 22, 2006
    Wilmington, NC
    My last test of high school was a project I had to do for a class on military history and foreign policy. I was pissed about it, it was a bullsh** class to begin with and just a general waste of my time. To add insult to injury, the teacher didn't even bother to grade it.

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Hmm for high school my last class was AP physics and I think I got a 55 on my last test. Yeah.. I stopped trying a little in that class once the end of the school year came around, that and the fact that my teacher was terrible.

12. havent done it yet but i think ill think

YES!

NO More BS Hs Students!

13. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    dude, your senior year FLYS by, it seems like i just went to the first day and im getting ready for *gasp* college.

altho great year it is, dont get me wrong, you shall have all the school bowing down to you, *MUHUHAHAHAHA, MUHUHAHAHHAHA, MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!*

14. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Banned

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    hahahahaha last year to pick on the little ones starting HS, so fun when they are sprinting to get to class and you just pop in front of them for a split second:D :p

And hopefully I can manage to pick up a gf on my last year, uhh so then I can get outta high school knowing I wasn't one of those guys who didn't. I probably won't though oh well more acting like a prick for me :D

15. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    My last test before finishing 6th form....went well, and finishing it was just a high like few others.

16. JNowiski

JNowiski

Jan 16, 2006
    Fayetteville/NC
    i don't remember. probably, YESSSS!!!

...now i wish i could do alot of things different from back then.

17. I don't even know if I had tests in the last term of school. From memory it was all "investigations" which were really open ended assignments. I was really annoyed by having to do them because I actually had to make an effort.

18. My last college exam was this past April. It was an Embedded Systems exam. The teacher gave us some good hints ahead of time as to what would be on the exam, so it was pretty straightforward. Everyone finished as quick as they could so we could start drinking.

19. millahh

millahh Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2005
    Hoboken
    My most recent "exam" wasn't so much a test as a dissertation defense. Heading into it I wasn't so much thinking about "wow, this is the end of an era" so much as "I hope I don't look foolish in front of all of these people", and hoping my committee wouldn't shred me after the public portion of the defense. Afterwards, it was just sort of surreal, knowing that I had just summed up 5 years of my life in a one-hour talk, and that I could now start signing things "doctor". Then the wife and I went out, got a huge plate of buffalo wings, and commenced celebratory drinking.

The last exam in college was bittersweet, as I think it is for most.

20. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    whoah, whoah, whoah.

60 credits in one year???

how the heck did you do that!?! :eek:

best of like, MM.