Share your thoughts on SQ QP P/J v AG 4P J-HC

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Zapple, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Zapple

Zapple

Jan 26, 2017
    5th Dimension
    Upgrading my 2004 Squier P Bass Special (P/J Configuration) from stock. Stuck between Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders P/J or Aguilar P/J. Please share your Pros and Cons. I know the Agie's are a little tamer and mellower, not as hot as the SDQP's but also not as versatile, which to me means a greater range of tone covering rock (No Metal here) down to Jazz and R&B. The Agies to me, offer a blend between SDQP's and EMG's. Please share your experiences with the SD and Aguilars. These are the two I will choose from. Thanks in advance.

2. Zoobiedood

Zoobiedood Commercial User

Sep 1, 2015
    Writer/Ambassador/Artist/Resident Bass Expert for Seymour Duncan
    While I like the QPs, I am not sure if 'versatility' is a concern, the QPs are the best choice. I'd almost opt for pickups with more vintage-ness if you want a set that can do many things.

3. Zapple

Zapple

Jan 26, 2017
    5th Dimension
    "The QP's the best choice."
    "I'd almost opt for pickups with more vintage-ness if you want a set that can do many things." What would you opt for, if not he QP's?

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2022