1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

share!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JazzMarius, Apr 3, 2009.

1. hy guys, it's late in the night ( 02:43 local time ) and i am listening to a clip while i write this.

the first time i ever realised there is a BASS in a band it was when i saw this clip.it was back in the late 90's when i went to a family with my mom and dad to pay them a visit. they put this VHS and let it play.

i must add that i love to worship God and to play for Him! this VHS was from '96, a ron kenoly concert. ("Sing Out"). i later ( some years ago) realised that there were some serious players in there... ( Alex Acuña, Genesis's drumer Chester Thompson,Justo Almario and Abe Laboriel)...

i was impressed by such a quality music, i was stonished!! so, this song begins and i feel how my heart was pumping hard.in fact, it was pumping hard the whole concert.

the bass tone was so so awsome, it cuts through anything and i heard that even when i was 10, 12 yo or so. the voices stop and they begin to clamp their hands. oh God, i felt like flying, impressed by such music.

Alex Acuña begins and beats hard those percusions....i can remember how i felt back then!! and now, the moment!!!! !!! The great Abe Laboriel begins to groove hardcore on his TRBI . i was like: "what?? u can do that on an instrument???" it is so powerfull and , OH!! such a tone.

it took me 7 years or so to begin play the bass but that inspired me! i love that!!! i love the bass! God inspired me through that video.

so, short story and to make this stay in this forum... a great played Yamaha TRB I inspired me to play the bass...

if u want to hear this song, here u go :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOe5GpqFJrE&feature=related

what bass inspired u?