1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sharing the Geddy Lee Jazz bass love

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by epoxo57, Mar 6, 2008.

1. epoxo57

epoxo57 Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2005
    Perrysburg, Ohio
    Just got my GL yesterday and wow, this thing is NICE!! Compared to my Sterling and CS Classic IV Jazz, it plays like it should have been priced where they were. Great punch, neck, and ya gotta love the maple w/ blocks and the classic Fender logo that just sticks out loud n' proud! I wanted a "road warrior" for traveling gigs that was less expensive and this will do nicely. The quality is there as I am very picky, and the only thing is that the frets ends were not totally ground smooth. I can see it will rock, but it sounds great funked as well! I can see why you love your GL's in the other threads. I love the look of the 75' RI, but I couldn't justify the cost (they went from $1499 to $1799!) and what would make them worth that much (no active EQ, reinforcement bars, etc), so the GL was a no-brainer for the price. I agree with others where some Fenders I have played have been bad quality, but when they are spot on, its hard to beat that tone!

2. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I am a huge Rush fan and when I set out to get a new bass, the last thing I wanted to look at was the Geddy Jazz (didnt want to be accused of such fanboy status when its pretty evident in my playing alone that I am a Rush fan) But, I did all the research and for the price range, this bass was it. Once I picked it up, it was awesome! I bought mine off ebay, mint condition, never played it first. I am so glad I did. There are a couple of very minor issues, like access to the truss rod since the neck on mine is pretty sensitive, but all in all, awesome bass.

3. 1FATDAD

1FATDAD

Jan 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Check out "Closer to the Heart" video on You Tube (Awsome!). See if you can pick out all the basses Geddy plays...good stuff.