Shaun White

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    This kid is amazing...

He is always kicking ass at the X games in skate boarding...

He's always kicking ass at winter X...

now he has olympic gold in snowboarding.

I know a lot of old fogies don't consider these "extreme" sports as legitimate, but you have to admit that gold at 3 different contests is amazing.
  2. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Big Deal. Flava Flav has more than three gold teef.
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Ever notice how Shaun White looks like a Cowsill?
  4. My sister wants his hair. But being able to put up back-to-back 1080s isn't anything to sneeze at.

Rock on
  5. My mom was really into it, actually.

But she also loves figure skating and when you think about it, the halfpipe is pretty much in the same vein... :bag:
  6. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Hes quite amazing, hes been that great since 16, just now he does stuff even bigger.
  7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    His skillz on a skateboard are just as good. The dude is something else. I love his nickname....the flying tomato. :D

8. mattsk42

mattsk42 $100 off new Directv subsp.PM me BEFORE signing up Supporting Member

And from the interviews I've seen, he's a cool kid as well. Not like typical dominating atheletes.
  9. What I love is the fact that he was right there cheering on his competitors. Not many sports have that kind of internal commradre.

Rock on
  10. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    I'm really happy about the fact that he took gold. He's amazed me since I first heard of him. Seems like a straight-up, down to earth, real guy. No BS.
  11. jokke_v

Aug 15, 2003
    Bergen, Norway
    I saw some of that run he did in the Olymics. That style gave me the chills!! :eek:
  12. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I watched it all - it was a wet grey day in England - I did enjoy it, but was slightly disappointed, as in the build-up on TV they kept going on about :

"The Flying Tomato"

But when it came to it, there were no tomatoes flying about and it was just a bunch of scruffy guys surfing on snow! ;)