1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Shavo Doadjian

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by aqatc, Jul 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aqatc

aqatc

Jul 4, 2002
    USA, Milpitas, CA
    Shavo Doadjian. System Of A Down's great, but little recognized bassist. Tell me what you think of
    him.
    Personally, I think he's not getting recognized as much as he should. (and don't you think his bass looks exactly like Metallica's vocalist/guitarist James Hetfield's guitar.)Anyway I think this guy is pretty good at what he does. Just listen to Bounce and Jet Pilot.

2. Hetfield's ESP explorers have points on the corners. Shavo's bass is a Thunderbird with curved edges. Far from "exactly" alike. Hooray for being negative!

3. Do a search.

4. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Hey, Things look to be off to a great start in here. Some people could learn to be a little more kind around here. Anyway, Welcome. There have been a lot of Shavo threads here in the past. You could do a search if you want any info on him and to see what otheres have already said.

5. Yes, welcome.

There are a lot of threads about sHaV0/S0ad around here.

Personally, I can't figure out why. He's mediocre and OVER rated, just like the rest of his band. That's what *I* think of him anyway.

~Ad

6. personally i dont think hes all that great

7. JP Bassman

JP Bassman

Jun 18, 2001
    Jersey/DC
    hes good, and he does his job well, but hoenstly i think they're guitarist (i forget his name) is very underrated.

jsut my thoughts

8. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    There have been a lot of threads about him of this same nature. Do a search for Shavo Odajian (not Doadjian) and you should find something. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.