shavo odadjian strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bitter1, Aug 12, 2005.

1. bitter1

Jul 25, 2004
    i use flatwound roto's and am about to purchase a gibson thunderbird and dont know wether to go the route of entwistle or odadjian(entwistle flats and shavo round's) just wondering. oh and i am a big fan of SOAD and will not allow any SOAD bashing.
  2. If you want a growlier tone like Shavo, go for the rounds. Overall they have a lot more high end and bite. However, if you like a thick thump that fills the mix flats are amazing at that. How are you liking the flatwound tone? It has a lot to do with preference.
  3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Entwistle was the first roundwound bass string user ever. He played flats on maybe their very first sessions only. After that he played Rotosound and Maxima Gold roundwounds. You young folk need to study your history a little harder ;)
  4. bitter1

Jul 25, 2004
    yes jimmy i know and i am loving the rotos i have them on all my basses my mexican fender jazz, squier p, and 60' reissue jazz and they sound very good give me a thick low end and sounds good played with a pick.
  5. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    I would go for the rounds on the T-bird. I've found Gibson basses to be kinda dark sounding to my ears and the rounds help them grind a bit more.