1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Shaw Tube Injection preamp-feeler

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Hubriser, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Hubriser

Hubriser Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2013
    Boston MA
    Price:
    These Shaw tips are awesome, unbelievable tone and build quality! Without a doubt they are right up there with the other high end tube preamps on the market, Noble, p15, Monique, reddi...etc I’ve owned most of them and this Shaw tip is top shelf!
    I picked up a kemper so I’m letting this beauty go! Listing as possible trade because I’d take a nice preamp that I can profile with the kemper otherwise looking for cash
    Feel free to pm me with possible trade offers, especially high end tube pres

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  2. MattB88

MattB88 Gold Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Alien Audio Basses, DR Strings, Warm Audio, Shaw Audio
    I love mine! She’s a workhorse in the studio every day for me. Massive tone and lots of flexible options. I did a demo video for Kevin Shaw on YouTube of the tube injection. More folks need to know about his fantastic work.

Mark Sacchetti and Hubriser like this.
  3. Great pre! Loved it so much I ordered Kevin’s new micro B700 amp!
    Still keeping the pre tho.

Hubriser likes this.
  4. Hubriser

Jul 31, 2013
    Boston MA
    I saw that, looks sweet!!!

5. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Gold Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    This have a power cable socket in the back?

6. Hubriser

Jul 31, 2013
    Boston MA
    Yes sir no wallwarts here

Oh and by the way I saw your question on another thread about this vs messenger, shiftline mkiii and noble I think those were the comparisons you were looking for. I’ve owned all of them, all awesome as you’d expect. The messenger is fairly transparent but fantastic for tone control,pairs great with other character type pedals or getting the natural sound of your bass.
    Shiftline iii real cool, especially the built in cab sims, very impressive for the size. The noble and Shaw TIP IMHO bring more chewy tubiness to the party. Both are at the top of the heap for me as well as the p15 for stand alone tube pres. The difference between the noble and Shaw tip comes in the mids. The noble seems a touch scooped in the mids while the Shaw is a bit forward in the mids which allows it to cut through the mix perfectly while still delivering the goods in the low end.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    tedsalt and ThumbyAche like this.
  7. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Gold Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    Very cool of you to provide so much info. Thanks much!

Hubriser likes this.
  8. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    I want this sooooooo bad.

Sooooooo very bad...…:bawl:

Somebody put me out of my misery.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    SteveBass5 and Hubriser like this.