1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Shedding a Tear!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, Jun 5, 2002.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    This post is about my crappy day, but it's about basses, too, but if I need to move to another forum, just let me know, mods. Thanks!

As soon as my class ended this morning I made the 45 minute drive to go pick up an Ibanez ATK 305 that I've been wanting for a few weeks now. That's where the trouble starts. About 2 hours before I got to the store, an employee who wasn't even working today came in and put it on layaway. I was pretty disappointed, but I know I could have made my move earlier. That kinda sucked, but it gets worse.
    On my way out the door I recognize the back of a Tobias headstock. On a whim, I ask if it's a Pre-Gibson, and ask to play it. Very nice! A Pre-Gibson Tobias 6er with Barts! It wasn't exactly my cup of tea, but it was FINE! I asked what they were asking, and the guy helping me out asked another employee. $750! I had $300 in my pocket, and know I should have had him put it on lay-away right then and there. Stupid me!!!! I walked outside to make a phone call to get the finances straight. When I walk back in, ready to lay down some cash, he tells me it was a mistake. The actual price is $2800. :( I knew I should have had him write up the sale before he could be distracted! Crap! Stupid me! :(
    On a lighter note, my FBB came in today, so I'll have pics of that up soon. The camera's not being friendly right now.