Shedding a Tear!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, Jun 5, 2002.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    This post is about my crappy day, but it's about basses, too, but if I need to move to another forum, just let me know, mods. Thanks!

As soon as my class ended this morning I made the 45 minute drive to go pick up an Ibanez ATK 305 that I've been wanting for a few weeks now. That's where the trouble starts. About 2 hours before I got to the store, an employee who wasn't even working today came in and put it on layaway. I was pretty disappointed, but I know I could have made my move earlier. That kinda sucked, but it gets worse.
    On my way out the door I recognize the back of a Tobias headstock. On a whim, I ask if it's a Pre-Gibson, and ask to play it. Very nice! A Pre-Gibson Tobias 6er with Barts! It wasn't exactly my cup of tea, but it was FINE! I asked what they were asking, and the guy helping me out asked another employee. $750! I had $300 in my pocket, and know I should have had him put it on lay-away right then and there. Stupid me!!!! I walked outside to make a phone call to get the finances straight. When I walk back in, ready to lay down some cash, he tells me it was a mistake. The actual price is $2800. :( I knew I should have had him write up the sale before he could be distracted! Crap! Stupid me! :(
    On a lighter note, my FBB came in today, so I'll have pics of that up soon. The camera's not being friendly right now.