1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)
  2. The purpose of this forum is to solicit input on newsletter content.  Paul L. from Threadloom (threadloom_paul) is testing algorithms that will select threads to feature as "popular" in upcoming weekly emails.  He has access to this forum and will be posting here shortly.  Thanks! - Paul D.

Sheehan Style

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by tplyons, Nov 17, 2003.

1. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I've got a 2000 Mexican P-Bass and I love it, but it needs a bit more boom. I was looking to converting it to Billy's "Wife" but with a small mod. I want both outputs, but I want a push/pull pot to put both outputs to a single jack when out, seperate when in or vice versa. That's not the hard part. So the controls are P-Volume, Woofer-Volume, P-Tone.

Also, I'm currently using an EMG P-Pickup. Will the output of the woofer be drowned by the active pickup?

2. Yes. I don't think you can mix an active and passive pickup. But, if you want two outputs, having two independent pickup circuits might be the solution.