Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sheep Metal.. no truly.. new genre....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by merlin, Mar 13, 2003.

1. from http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_759109.html?menu=news.latestheadlines

Ananova:

Dead sheep 'nuts' heavy metal fan
    A flying sheep's head hit a Norway concert goer and fractured his skull.
    The accident happened in Bergen at a gig by metal band Mayhem.
    The 'death metal' group was carving up the dead sheep as part of a stage act when head flew off stage and struck Per Kristian Hagen.
    He said later: "My relationship to sheep is a bit ambivalent now. I like them, but not when they come flying through the air. I have a headache now."
    He has filed involuntary assault and battery charges against the band. The charges carry a maximum sentence of six months in prison.
    Mayhem member Rune Eriksen, whose stage name is Blasphemer, said the incident was unfortunate.
    "The whole thing was an accident, but maybe it would be an idea for another show," he said.
    Eriksen promised Hagen a free ticket to the group's next performance.
    Police detective Carl-Petter Leganger said an investigation has started, but "nothing suggests this was a conscious act".
    © Associated Press
    Story filed: 18:16 Monday 10th March 2003

:D:D

Merls

2. Wow. That's...kinda weird.

3. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Theres a local band here who gets paid by a famer to play to his sheep :O

I dont know what its for, probably publicityfor them both as it made the local paper :/

As if you press charges one one of your favourite bands (im guessing tahts the case seeing as he went to see them).

I wonder if it was during their song 'death crush' :p

4. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Carving up a dead sheep on stage as part of their act?

Ugh.

5. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Yeah thats pretty friggin gross!

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Should go down well in New Zealand!! ;)

7. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I saw a band called Crash Worship that screwed a goat's head with a strap-on. Amazing what people will do to mask their musical inadequacies.

8. Population control..... hehe

:D:D

Merls

9. babecker

babecker

Mar 7, 2002
    Sykesville, MD
    Mayhem has quite an interesting history:

Members committing suicide, other members eating a tasty stew made with the dead member's brains and crafting snappy jewery from pieces of his skull, members stabbing one another to death, leading occult organizations, burning churches, making out with fat chicks, etc. etc. As of now, they're down to one original member of the band (Hellhammer).

Good times. I read about them a couple of years ago in Guitar World, but you can check some of the details out here:

http://www.angelfire.com/band/mayhem/biography.htm

:meh:

10. camoe

camoe

Sep 7, 2001
    Lafayette, CO
    This is hillarious. My father-in-law was born and raised in Bergen. He's the most conservative prim and proper guy you have ever seen. Wait till he hears about what his homeland homies are up to. Aw, those crazy Norwegians (I can say that as I have to live with them).

Peace

11. dude, that is MESSED up.

12. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Most of that has to be B.S.