Sheet music generator

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Infernal Affair, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Came across this while reading my RSS feeds from Lifehacker. Seems incredibly useful and it works pretty well. Very customizable. You can even have it print notation and tab staff together!

http://www.blanksheetmusic.net/

2. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    +1

That site is great.

3. onlyclave

onlyclave

Oct 28, 2005
    Seattle
    As a 15 year user of Finale I have to admit this is pretty cool.

4. TL5

TL5

Jun 27, 2005
    Nashville
    Great site. i've been aware of it for a while. I used it a lot when I was teaching last summer. I created the lesson in both TAB (for a 5 string bass, since that's what the student used) and standard notation.

Here's a tip: When you print use the lighter grey color instead of black particularly if you use pencil. The written in material shows up better that way.

5. I will keep that tip in mind.

I've tried using Finale, but just never bothered to really learn it so that I can notate faster than writing on paper. I definitely want to learn either that or MuseScore (an open source notation software). I'm sure it'd be pretty quick once I hook up a midi keyboard.

6. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    Also a good way to save ink!

7. I've found that site to be very useful and I've been using it for a long time (a few years, I think...)! It's nice to be able to just print out a bunch of blank sheets and get to work!

8. is a blank staff the extent of it......id be interested in a system that allows me to fill in the notes,rests etc with the mouse,as i convert tab to notation often,and neat ,clear print outs that can be proofed w/o erasures would be nice.....doing it by hand can be messy.....i dont usually click on free anything sites until im sure that i dont end up with a lot of spam or worse

9. Sure. You can use a notation program such as Finale or Sibelius. There's an open source, free software called MuseScore that seems good that I've been meaning to try out. All three should let you do mouse, computer keyboard, and midi input.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021