Sheet Music Software?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by wintremute, Feb 13, 2018.

1. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
    Does software exist that will take the bass line that you recorded and create the sheet music for it?

2. Ulf_Hansson

Ulf_Hansson

Apr 15, 2014
    wintremute and seamonkey like this.
  3. Nashrakh

Nashrakh

Aug 16, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    The only way I could think of doing this is with Ableton. It has a note recognition feature that turns an audio track into a midi track - of course, this works best with instruments that have a lot of attack, like a piano or clean guitar. You could then take this midi file and import it into a notation software of your choice, say MuseScore.

The main problem I see with this is that the note recognition may produce a lot of extraneous garbage midi commands, which you then have to correct by hand. Your notation software may also have some issues with the midi track, like rests and note durations that just look hideous. It may be a lot easier to just notate the bass line by hand.

wintremute likes this.
  4. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
    Thank you for that link.

After posting, I found a program called IntelliScore (MP3 to MIDI converter free download - Convert audio to MIDI). It does what was mentioned in the other thread; it turns your music to midi, which can then be scored. However, pretty much all of the reviews I can find on it rate it really low, saying that it doesn't really work that well (if at all).

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021