sheet music

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by vegasbass, Aug 19, 2004.

1. vegasbass

Mar 17, 2004
    Anyone know a good site to purchase modern sheet music for bass guitar? I've searched all over, and all I come up with is a ton of guitar stuff. I found a site ( that says they have some stuff, but all I fine there is books on certain bands and other instructional material. They do have alot of guitar/piano combination music, and the piano notation has a bassline. I've only been playing a few months and am just starting to get a grip on sight reading, so will the piano bass lines work? Are they much different (if any) from what the bass guitar music would look like? Thanks in advance for any help....
  2. Can't help with the Sheet music sites but with regard to your other question; I find that piano bass parts are usually quite different to what the bassist is playing in just about any given song.
    They are usually too busy or chordal to play as basslines but they make good exercises in sight reading and won't hurt you in the slightest.
    You could use them as a guide to come up with something interesting of your own to fit the song.

Here's a site with some free notated transcriptions