Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

sheet music

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by FeTiS, Apr 26, 2001.

1. ok, i've finally decide to learn sheet music so i dont have to use tabs anymore, but... im a lazy cheap ass, and dont want to buy books or anything. so, i want to know a good site that has good instructions on reading/writing sheet music, and a site that has free sheet music on it(like talkbass, but with sheet). Any help would be nice, thanks.

2. Yeah FeTiS, thats the biggest argument with the anti-tab/pro-sheet folks. I have found absolutely zero free sheet music sites.

3. the libster : www.libster.com has an excellent program to learn to read music. There are also a few sheet music transcriptions and a link to other sites with transcriptions.. good luck. reading music is a necessity.

4. go to www.libster.com click on lessons and there are plently of them on reading music. Have fun!

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yes, another vote for the libster - the best reading music lesson site i've found on the net.

as for free sheet music - you probably don't realize this, but the musician gets a royalty for any sheet music that you buy. so support your favorite musician, buy their sheet music. :D

6. Do the artists get the same for Tab books?