1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

sheilding issues

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by darthplagis, Apr 4, 2006.

1. hi i've noticed that with my jaguar bass when i put the active boost on (it has an active bass and treble bosst only circuit) with any real boost in the treble end i get a lot of noise.

is this just a sheilding issue or is it a badly designed eq?:meh: i expect a little bit of fizzle with extreme top boost but this is with pretty much ANY treble boost.

also it could be my amp (1984 pevey mkIV) it works fine just i get a bit of noise through the single coil jazz pickups (i dont get it with my thunderbird)

any help would be most appreciated

2. If its only hiss its within your preamp.

3. i dont mind a bit of hiss as my yamaha 5 strings active is a little noisy but at times its almost drowning out the signal (if i have full treble boost, solo pickup and im facing the amp).

4. If the noise also changes depending upon the direction you're facing then you also have an issue with interference being introduced through your pickup and it may also be a shielding issue.

5. mcturbo

mcturbo

Mar 23, 2008
    Mine has a lot of noise! even without the preamp... I think I´ll have to exchange it in the store.