1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

sheilding problem

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by drjojo42, May 3, 2006.

1. drjojo42

drjojo42

Mar 1, 2006
    bowie md
    i bought a schecter custom 4 about two months ago love the bass ,i just bought a new gk 700 rb and 4 10 cab, well now im getting some static like noise from my bass when i up plug the bass it gos away also if i face a diferent direction.are my emg pickups bad or is it some thing i can fix?

2. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    How close are you standing to your amp? Also, are there any electronics in the direction you're facing when you hear buzz?

3. drjojo42

drjojo42

Mar 1, 2006
    bowie md
    well im about 4-6 feet from my amp but im playing at a pretty high volume,from another tread ive heard that the schecters wernt sheilded well , what do i use to sheild the electornis and how ?

4. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
  5. drjojo42

drjojo42

Mar 1, 2006
    bowie md
    thanks for all the replys,

6. I have the same Bass, explain the static your hearing, I dont hear any from mine. What kind of instrument cable are you using? are you using any effects? Make sure you are using an instrument cable and not a speaker cable. Is your amp properly grounded?