Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Yogi Bear, Jul 27, 2001.

1. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Are there any other fans of Shellac or any other Steve Albini Bands out there. The production on his albums are different, but very good.
  2. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I've always liked that 'post-rock' type stuff...
    Rodan & slint were kind of interesting too...
    Dianogah (2 basses?)
    Don Caballero
  3. ahpook

Jul 13, 2001
    steve albini is a fantastic my dream world he produces all my albums.....:)
  4. Mr. Grieves

Mr. Grieves

Jul 16, 2001
    chicago, il
    Yup. Saw them in late June.

I prefer Albini's engineering + production to his guitar playing, however. Check out Pinebender's recent record, which he "recorded" or whatever his catchall term is. Yow. Nice. Heavy.
  5. Shellac is one of my favorite bands. My friends are going to Chicago this fall to record with him. I am the embodiment of jealousy. I think he is one of the best engineers around. Albini refuses to call himself a producer because he only assumes that role for Shellac records. He considers himself a paid contractor, and his job is to make a band sound the way they want to sound, even if he thinks it's awful. He's actually said that he dislikes most of the music he records, but that's not his business.
  6. guac mole

guac mole

Jun 6, 2001
    San Diego, Ca
    maybe you guys can help. my friend introduced to one of their cd's and i really liked it, i don't remember the cd, but i do remember one of the songs. the lyrics go something like this:
    "kill em'. f*cking kill em"

I don't know if that's it exactly, but hey I tried. anyone know what cd that is?
  7. That's the new album 1000 Hurts.