Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Shen hybrid bass

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Type-55, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Type-55

Type-55 Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2000
    looking for a used one or a dealer with good prices on new ones.

Thanks,
    Doug

2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    THIS I DOUG OF YOU,

Where are you located? There's a student here at the U who is thinking of selling his, and Nnick Lloyd in Cincy has good prices on the hybrids.

3. Type-55

Jul 20, 2000
    I'm in Michigan. Do you know what the price is?

4. mxr255

mxr255 Supporting Member

Jul 21, 2003
    Williamsport, PA
    Doug,

You should talk to John Sprague....He is the US Shen dealer....knows everywhere you can find them and he is a nice guy too....good luck you will love it...

Matt

5. Type-55

Jul 20, 2000
    I talked to John he gave me some names of dealers but to save some cash I would like to find a used one if possible. The Shens seem to be well respected for their price point.

Thanks for the info.

6. ric426

ric426 Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Hi Doug,
    FWIW, I believe my plywood bass is a relabled Samuel Shen, and I bought it locally, though I know you're not really comfortable with the seller. He may have some deals available before he leaves town for Florida though. Might be worth checking into...

Ric Williams

7. ric426

ric426 Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Never mind, I just called the guy's shop and he's already closed it for the winter, and won't be open 'til April 3rd. Must be nice to have that kind of freedom, huh?