1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Shen SB 190 large 3/4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by AllDayPBass, Jul 18, 2019.

1. AllDayPBass

AllDayPBass Supporting Member

May 7, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    I'm parting ways with my Shen SB 190 Hybrid 3/4. She's a large 3/4 with a loud and mighty pizz sound. The bass has a carved spruce top, carved willow ribs, and laminate maple flat-back, hand-applied oil finish, ebony fingerboard, and ebony tailpiece. Scale length is 41.25". Strung w/ D'Addario Helicore Hybrids.

The bass has a Gage Realist pickup installed and I'll include a thick padded gig bag. I'll include a bow if you like as well. The bass just recently setup by wizard luthier Gael (ex-David Gage apprentice) at the now defunct String Bass Studio in Berkeley. It plays really easy and sounds awesome!

Bass is located in central Los Angeles, $2800, local pickup please shiono_shen-9112.

Attached Files:

jmain, pogue49 and Hans Gruber like this.
  2. bherman

bherman Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Grand Junction, CO
    Bump for a really nice looking bass. Wish that I was closer!

Hans Gruber likes this.
  3. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I'm planning on trying it using the bow you sold me! I'm not an expert yet but it's a very comfortable German bow.

bherman likes this.