1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Shen SB200 3/4 Fully Carved (2016) with accessories

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by MCK_BASS, Jan 14, 2019.

1. MCK_BASS

MCK_BASS Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Price:
    $3500
    Strings:
    Bass is available within 2 hour drive from Boston.

Samuel Shen SB200 Flat Back Willow fully carved bass bought from Johnson String Instrument Inc. near Boston MA. Comes with very lightly used Bobelock case and transport wheel. Setup with Thomastik Belcanto strings.

Bought brand new in 2017 and used by art school student now heading to conservatory and planning to buy an upgrade, this is a carved 3/4 double bass, with carved spruce top, carved willow ribs and flat-back, hand-applied oil finish, ebony fingerboard, and ebony tailpiece.

Instrument has been used in strictly non-smoking environments and is in excellent, near mint condition. There are no cracks or scratches on the bass and it has never required any maintenance or repair.

String Length: 41.25"
    Body Length: 43 5/8"
    Top Material: Fully carved spruce
    Back Material: Fully carved willow
    Ribs: Fully carved willow
    Purfling: Inlaid
    Varnish: Hand-applied Oil
    Neck: Maple D Neck
    Fingerboard: Ebony
    Tailpiece: Ebony Hill style

Accessories included
    • Bobelock 3/4 bass bag - thick 1" padding - $230 value as new
    • Xeros Bass Wheel - $90 value when new
    Bass is available for a local sale only, located near Boston MA. Will drive up to 2 hours for delivery / hand off.

Please note the bass is also listed on Reverb and the price here is lower to reflect direct in person sale bypassing Reverb & PayPal commissions.

Thanks for looking / considering.

IMG_1627.JPG IMG_1631.JPG IMG_1633.JPG IMG_1634.JPG IMG_1635.JPG IMG_1636.JPG IMG_1638.JPG IMG_1646.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019 at 11:17 PM
    Federighi, Arnold, jmain and 3 others like this.
  2. Anachronism

Anachronism Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2014
    MO
    Sadly, Boston is a 20 hour drive for me

MCK_BASS likes this.
  3. MCK_BASS

Jan 18, 2011
    Thanks for your interest. I’d be happy to look at a professional shipping option if you’re interested to pick up the cost. Sorry we are not situated closer. All the best

4. Anachronism

Anachronism Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2014
    MO
    I am hesitant about buying a bass without playing it, and doubly so about shipping it in winter. If you want to look up the shipping options you can, but I expect I'll pass regardless. Good luck with it, though.

MCK_BASS likes this.
  5. MCK_BASS

Jan 18, 2011
    Understood. Precisely for the reasons you state I’m hoping for a local sale as well. Appreciate your interest and wishing you best of luck in your search for something closer to you.