1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Shen SB200 endpin size

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Dave Irwin, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Anyone have the endpin size for a Shen 7/8 SB200?
    I'm at the ISB convention and would like to buy one but I don't have my bass with me to check.

Thanks,
    Dave

2. John Sprague

John Sprague Sam Shen's US Distributor

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Sales Manager, CSC Products Inc.
    Hi Dave,
    The rod is 10 mm in most cases. You can call me right from the show floor if you need any other info at 888-600-8559.
    Best,
    John

3. Thanks John! the one I was looking at was 30mm and I'm not in a rush to have minor surgery to install it.
    BTW, there are some really nice instruments here (surprise surprise ) but nothing I'd trade my 7/8ths for. .... not counting the ones with 1 or more additional digits to the left of the decimal point

4. John Sprague

John Sprague Sam Shen's US Distributor

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Sales Manager, CSC Products Inc.
    Dave, I must not have had my thinking cap on yesterday. Robertson's has a 7/8 in their booth, you can bring your prospective endpin right to it to see how it looks. 30 mm, I'll guess you're looking at a carbon then? Ask Nick Lloyd there at the show what he thinks of them, you'll probably find him at the bar. :) It's risky for a luthier to say that one accessory can make a big tonal difference, but he was very impressed when he installed one. No idea what pin he used, but I think it's on his competition bass.

5. I wa actually looking at the rosewood pin Lemur had. That was until they said they hadnt installed one yet. Before I assumed it would bare the weight cause they had tried it already. Anyway I've left the convention now and on my way back to OH. Had to combine the convention with a family vacation. Heard good things about the fiber endpin while here so I'll loo into that further.
    Thx again

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021